Everyone is welcome and encouraged to run a session at Barcamp about a subject they are passionate about. If you don’t run a session, we ask that you participate in other ways. You can take part by engaging in productive discussions about topics or by asking thoughtful questions.
Sessions can be in many different formats: presentation, panel, workshop, Q&A, round-table discussion, lightning talk, tutorial, etc. Just be sure to outline what type of session you plan to run when you register!
Tips for Sessions:
- Find a subject that you are passionate about – passion breeds confidence.
- Don’t overplan your session – even the most organized Barcamps are chaotic. People will come and leave during your session and disrupt you. Questions from the audience are allowed and encouraged.
- Relax and have fun – Barcamps are a pressure free environment!
- Absolutely no sales, product, or hiring/recruitment pitches.
- There are no predefined speakers. The schedule is made at registration time. Sorry, we’re not able to pre-determine what time your talk will be.
- Propose only one talk per event.
- Abide by our Code of Conduct.
|7/3/2019 13:09:11||Shane Doucette||Short Presentation (~20-25 minutes)||Meh, Docker's growing on me.||Why I don't actually hate Docker anymore, and think it's kind of useful in the right situations.|
|7/29/2019 19:51:04||Kim Schmidt||Long Presentation (~40-45 minutes)||fUNemployment pt 2||What to do when you're unemployed; How to get back on your feet andnot go stir crazy.|
|8/27/2019 8:05:29||Nick James||Short Presentation (~20-25 minutes)||Securing the Human||Avoiding the loss of $1.04M to scammers by securing the weakest link in your defenses... people.|
|9/6/2019 14:09:25||Barcamp Saskatoon||Lightning Talk (~5 minutes)||Lunch Hour Company Pitches||Are you hiring? During lunch, companies will have the opportunity to do a QUICK 2 MINUTE HR PITCH. No slides, just talk. Sign up at the event to be on the list of companies when you arrive.|
|9/9/2019 14:39:04||Dale Birtch||Short Presentation (~20-25 minutes)||CI/CD with google cloudbuild||Creating a scalable CI system on googles cloudbuild stack, why do it, how to do it, and how can this accelerate your development.|
What would you like to hear about?
|7/3/2019 13:06:30||Shane Doucette||Technology and Cooking|
|7/3/2019 13:07:17||Arlin Schaffel||Startups often talk about success, but what about failure? How are we nurturing failure within the industry? What do you do after you fail? Especially when you may have raised a funding round from friends and family.|
|9/10/2019 10:59:14||Erik Frederiksen||Elasticsearch, what/when/why/how.|
Barcamp Saskatoon 2019 Sponsors will be coming soon!