Okay! BarCamp is on Saturday. Here’s some important information about the big day:
- Doors will open at noon. People doing a talk should find their way to Blaine right away to get their talk registered and on the schedule.
- If you’re doing a talk, bring your own laptop. The projectors have HDMI connections, so if you need an adapter, please bring one.
- *** UPDATE***: It looks like talk slots will be 30 minutes. Plan your talk accordingly. Some slots will have multiple short talks.
- There will be some announcements, and then talks will start as soon after 1:00 as possible, maybe as late as 1:30. Talks will wrap up around 6:00 and we should be out of the building by 7:00.
- There will be free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks available throughout the day. Pizza supper will be provided later in the afternoon. *** UPDATE***: We’ll be asking you for a $2 donation for pizza supper; the money will be donated to the UNICEF effort in Nepal.
- Beer will be available for a nominal price, and proceeds will go to the U of S Computer Science Students’ Society (CSSS).
- There are some public parking lots around VendAsta, but it will cost you. And if you’re drinking you shouldn’t be driving anyhow. So consider getting dropped off or taking a bus.
Tweet @barcampstoon if you have more questions! See you Saturday!